Connect with us

Entertainment

Trump Walks Out Of Piers Morgan Interview

Published

on

Donald Trump walked out of an interview with Piers Morgan in the snippet of an episode of Piers Morgan Uncensored.

Trump is seen calling Piers a “fool” and “very dishonest.” He then tells the tv crew to cut off the cameras as he stepped away.

“I think I’m a very honest man … much more honest than you, actually,” Trump says.

“Really?” Morgan asked. 

“Yeah,” Trump responded. 

Trump released a statement on the interview after it was released.

This Article was first live here.

Entertainment

Broadway Extends Audience Mask Mandate Through June

Published

on

Broadway will continue requiring audiences to mask up at least through June, the Broadway League announced today.

Audience masking protocols for July and beyond will be announced in June.

““We’re thrilled that nearly a quarter of a million people are attending Broadway shows weekly in this exciting spring season,” said League president Charlotte St. Martin in a statement. “As always, the safety and security of our cast, crew, and audience has been our top priority. By maintaining our audience masking requirement through at least the month of June, we intend to continue that track record of safety for all, despite the Omicron subvariants.”

The Broadway decision comes as New York City is seeing rising Covid-19 infections and hospitalizations. So far, Mayor Eric Adams has staunchly resisted re-instituting a citywide indoor mask mandate, saying at a press briefing Wednesday that the city has “done an amazing job” of informing people about vaccines and boosters.

The Broadway League is the trade organization representing theater owners and producers. The mask mandate was set to expire on May 31 before today’s extension was announced.

This Article was first live here.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Johnny Depp’s Former Agent Testified That He Lost Out On Movies Because Of His “Unprofessional Behavior”

Published

on

The agent’s testimony contradicted Depp’s argument that he lost out on work due to Amber Heard’s op-ed about being a victim of domestic violence.

Johnny Depp’s former agent testified about the decline of his Hollywood star-power.

Depp and his ex-wife, Amber Heard, are currently embroiled in a highly public courtroom battle, taking place in Fairfax, Virginia.


Jason Merritt / Getty Images

The 58-year-old is suing Heard for $50 million, citing defamation over an op-ed she wrote for the Washington Post in 2018.


John Phillips / UK Press via Getty Images

The article detailed Heard’s experience as a survivor of domestic abuse, and was headlined: “I spoke up against sexual violence — and faced our culture’s wrath. That has to change.”


Stephane Cardinale – Corbis / Corbis via Getty Images

Though Heard didn’t name Depp in the op-ed, the actor and his attorneys argue that she indirectly framed him as an abuser and significantly damaged his reputation and career as a result.


Tristan Fewings / Getty Images

In turn, Heard filed a $100 million counterclaim of her own, alleging that Depp and his legal team defamed her by discrediting her abuse allegations as “fake” and a “hoax.”

The case got underway on April 11, and is headed into its 20th day of trial.


Steve Helber / POOL/AFP via Getty Images

A large portion of Depp’s defamation claim centers around the demise of his acting career — namely, a role in the sixth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.


Steve Granitz / WireImage

Depp, his legal team, and his current talent agent claim that he lost out on a role in the movie — and a reported $22.5 million payout — because of the allegations in Heard’s op-ed.

However, Depp’s former longtime agent testified Thursday that the actor’s struggle to land leading roles was a result of his own actions.


Steve Helber / POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Tracey Jacobs is a top agent at United Talent Agency and represented Depp for 30 years. He fired her — along with his longtime lawyer and management firm — in October 2016.


Kevin Winter / Getty Images

Testifying via video link as a witness for Heard, Jacobs said that representing Depp became “far more complicated” in the last 10 years that they worked together, claiming that he developed a poor reputation for his “unprofessional behavior” on movie sets.


Shawn Thew / POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Depp was “showing up late to set consistently on virtually every movie,” Jacobs said, adding that she had warned Depp about how his actions could impact his career.


Frederick M. Brown / Getty Images

“I would get yelled at,” she testified. “I never said to him, ‘You’re a difficult client.’ I never used those words. But I was very honest with him and said, ‘You’ve got to stop doing this. This is hurting you.’ And it did.”

Despite confronting her client, Jacobs said his behavior on set didn’t change.


Shawn Thew / POOL/AFP via Getty Images

“Initially, crews loved him because he was always so great with the crew. But crews don’t love sitting around for hours and hours and hours waiting for the star of the movie to show up,” she said.

When asked by Heard’s attorney if part of his unprofessional behavior included the increased use of alcohol and drugs, Jacobs testified that it did, later adding that “people were talking” within the industry about his behavior.


Consolidated News Pictures / Getty Images

“His star had dimmed due to it getting harder to get him jobs,” Jacobs said. “People were talking. The question was out there about his behavior.”

Because of this, Jacobs said studios had become “reluctant” to cast Depp in their projects.


Steve Helber / POOL/AFP via Getty Images

“It also got around town. I mean, people talk; it’s a small community,” she said. “It made people reluctant to use him toward the end [of our time working together].”


Jim Watson / POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Jacobs’ testimony contradicted Depp and his team’s argument that he was axed from the sixth Pirates movie because of the fallout from Heard’s op-ed.


Jesse Grant / Getty Images for Disney

Depp’s current talent manager, Jack Whigham, previously testified that he had “closed a deal” for his client to star in the sixth Pirates installment, but that in early 2019, “it became clear [producers at Disney] were going in a different direction” that did not include Depp.

He attributed this decision to the fallout from Heard’s op-ed, which he said was “catastrophic” for Depp’s career.

“After the op-ed, it was impossible to get him a studio film, which is what we normally would have been focused on in that time period,” Whigham testified.

During his cross-examination, Heard’s attorney argued that there was no written proof of evidence stating Depp’s involvement in the sixth Pirates movie.


Vcg / Visual China Group via Getty Images

Whigham — who previously claimed that Depp was set to earn $22.5 million for the role — responded that he would occasionally use verbal agreements when negotiating a client’s pay for a potential project.


Kristy Sparow / Getty Images for Disney

“It would be fair to say I have never seen a document…I have not seen ‘22 million’ written down on a page, you’re correct about that,” Whigham said.

In her testimony, Jacobs also said that she did not recall ever being involved in negotiations regarding Depp’s future involvement in the sixth Pirates movie.


Srdjan Stevanovic / Getty Images

This Article was first live here.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Britney Spears Is ‘So Grateful’ for Fans’ Support After Miscarriage

Published

on

One day at a time. Britney Spears sent a message to her fans after she and fiancé Sam Asghari announced she suffered a pregnancy loss.

“I’ve never been more happy in my life … in the past several months since [my conservatorship has] been over besides my miscarriage!!!” the pop star, 40, wrote in a lengthy Instagram note posted on Thursday, May 19, alongside a photo of a pink flower in a teacup. “My spirit feels lighter and I genuinely laugh and smile now and my eyes are hungry for more each day.”

The Grammy winner continued, “I want to share my story for one reason and one reason only … to let people know you’re not alone and trust me I KNOW if you’re going through something and you feel so distant from everything … it’s hard to confront your mind and say … oh you’re not alone … it’s easier said than done, but I need to share through it all.”

Spears said she “hung onto” her positivity and the support of her fans as she fought to end her 13-year conservatorship, which was finally terminated in November 2021. “Although it was hard as hell I got through it !!!” she wrote on Thursday. “And the one thing I wish someone would have told me is you are not alone … my fans showed me so much love and assertiveness through it all … their hearts knew.”

The “Toxic” singer concluded, “There’s not a single day that goes by that I’m not aware of that and I’m so grateful to have my fans … remember you are not alone and God bless you all !!!”

Less than one week prior, Spears announced via her Instagram Story that she suffered a “devastating” miscarriage of her “miracle baby.” The Crossroads star is already the mother of Preston, 16, and Jayden, 15, whom she shares with ex-husband Kevin Federline, announcing last month that she was expecting her first child with Asghari, 28.


Britney Spears and Sam Asghari
Courtesy of Sam Asghari/Instagram

The couple, who got engaged in September 2021, noted in their joint statement on Saturday, May 14, that they were “grateful” to have a strong support system through their challenging time. “This is a devastating time for any parent,” Spears and the actor wrote. “Perhaps we should have waited to announce until we were further along however we were overly excited to share the good news. Our love for each other is our strength. We will continue trying to expand our beautiful family. … We kindly ask for privacy during this difficult moment.”

While speaking about her conservatorship publicly for the first time in a June 2021 hearing, the “Womanizer” performer expressed her dream to welcome another child. “I was told right now in the conservatorship, I’m not able to get married or have a baby,” she claimed to the court. “I have an IUD inside of myself right now so I don’t get pregnant. I wanted to take the IUD out so I could start trying to have another baby. But this so-called team won’t let me go to the doctor to take it out because they don’t want me to have children — any more children.”

After announcing their struggle to conceive, Asghari promised fans that he and his fiancée weren’t giving up. “We have felt your support. We are taking things positively and moving forward with our future,” the Can You Keep a Secret? star wrote in a Monday, May 16, Instagram Story. “It’s hard, but we are not alone. … We will be expanding our family soon.”

Listen to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Listen on Google Play Music

This Article was first live here.

Continue Reading

Trending