Connect with us

Sports

Rivals.com – Rivals100 DT John Walker breaks down official visits and top seven

Published

on

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

Divock Origi: Jurgen Klopp confirms ‘Liverpool legend’ will leave club this summer amid AC Milan interest

Published

on

Jurgen Klopp has confirmed “Liverpool legend” Divock Origi will leave the club this summer, with the forward expected to join AC Milan when his contract expires.

Origi has earned cult-hero status since joining Liverpool in 2015 with a string of iconic goals, most notably his comeback-sealing double against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-finals and his stoppage-time winner against Everton in 2019.

But the arrival of Luis Diaz in January has only heightened the lack of first-team opportunities on offer to Origi and his quest for more regular football is likely to see him trade Merseyside for Milan at the end of the season.


Sunday 22nd May 2:30pm


Kick off 4:00pm

Divock Origi celebrates after putting Liverpool 2-0 up against Everton
Image:
Origi will leave Liverpool this summer when his contract expires

“I expect Div to get a special farewell. For me, he will always be a Liverpool legend and it has been a joy to work with him,” Klopp said.

“He’s one of the most important players I ever had. Wherever he will go he will be successful, 100 per cent.

“It will be a hard moment when he leaves. He is a Liverpool legend, no doubt.”

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

After Klopp confirmed Origi will leave Liverpool this summer when his contract expires, we look back at the striker’s six goals against their Merseyside rivals Everton

On other potential outgoings, Klopp added: “I don’t want to see anyone leave but that’s life. No-one has come to me and said they want to leave. It’s not the time for that now.

“What happened this year is possible because of the group; world-class players. Kids played their part which was nice too.

“I have no idea who wants to go at the moment but if someone comes to me and says they have a club they want to join we will speak to the club with an offer.”

Earlier on Friday, The Athletic‘s David Ornstein told Sky Sports News: “Origi has agreed personal terms.

“It’s not yet a done deal in terms of a medical and finalising that transfer, but he hasn’t made enough appearances at Liverpool to trigger the extension clause that was in his contract.

“It’s just a case of putting the finishing touches to what would be a pretty iconic transfer at the age of 27, with Milan pushing to win the Italian title and get back into the Champions League, so I think that’s going to happen.”

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Liverpool’s win against Southampton in the Premier League

Klopp: Positive news on Salah and Van Dijk

Liverpool’s 2-1 win at Southampton on Tuesday closed the gap on Premier League leaders Manchester City to one point and ensured the title race will be decided on the final day.

Klopp’s side host Wolves on Sunday while City welcome Aston Villa to the Etihad – both live on Sky Sports – and Klopp has been boosted by the potential return of several key players.

Joe Gomez was forced off at half-time during the win at St Mary’s. Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk were injured during last weekend’s FA Cup final, while Fabinho hasn’t played since May 10.

“Joe Gomez has good news, we want a reassuring second scan. But we thought after the game we were lucky. It’s just a knock,” Klopp said.

“The rest of the boys look all good, what we do for the weekend, I don’t know yet.

“Mo doesn’t want to take any risks, no doubt about that but it looks good.

“My solution is they can play at the weekend or at least be on the bench. If not, we take it from there.”

Salah, Van Dijk, Liverpool
Image:
Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk were forced off during last weekend’s FA Cup final against Chelsea

Liverpool’s slim chances of completing an unprecedented Quadruple remain intact, but they will need a helping hand from former captain and current Villa boss Steven Gerrard.

However, Klopp is not expecting any special favours and is focused on making sure his side takes care of business first.

“Steven will take it seriously for sure,” he said. “Aston Villa plays to win but it’s a difficult place to go.

“But this is the game I am not thinking about at all. It’s disrespectful to Wolves who don’t want to come and be part of our celebrations. They come here and want to win.”

Liverpool’s remaining fixtures

May 22 – Wolves (h) Premier League, live on Sky Sports

May 28 – Real Madrid (n) Champions League final

Follow Liverpool with Sky Sports

Follow every Liverpool game in the Premier League this season with our live blogs on the Sky Sports website and app, and watch match highlights for free shortly after full-time.

Want the Liverpool latest? Bookmark our Liverpool news page, check out Liverpool’s fixtures and Liverpool’s latest results, watch Liverpool goals and video, keep track of the Premier League table and see which Liverpool games are coming up live on Sky Sports.

Get all this and more – including notifications sent straight to your phone – by downloading the Sky Sports Scores app and setting Liverpool as your favourite team.

Hear the best Premier League reaction and expert analysis with the Essential Football and Gary Neville podcasts, keep up-to-date with our dedicated Transfer Centre, follow the Sky Sports social accounts on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, and find out how to get Sky Sports.

This Article was first live here.

Continue Reading

Sports

Turbo may be out of Origin with dislocated shoulder as Eels slip past Sea Eagles in thriller

Published

on



Parramatta have escaped the Sea Eagles’ clutches in a thriller at CommBank Stadium on Friday night but Manly’s bigger concern is star fullback Tom Trbojevic potentially being sidelined for a lengthy layoff after suffering a shoulder injury.

The star fullback left the field with 15 minutes remaining with his left arm wrapped in his jersey as a makeshift sling after he dislocated his shoulder preventing a Parramatta try.

With the NSW State of Origin team to be selected next Sunday for the opening match on June 8, the Dally M Medal winner does not have much time to recover. He is a certain selection for the Blues and his usual centre partner, Latrell Mitchell, has already been ruled out of Origin I due to a torn hamstring.

A try to Will Penisini in the 78th minute, followed by a pressure sideline conversion from Mitchell Moses, lifted Parra to a dramatic 22-20 triumph after the Sea Eagles looked like they would claim their first top-eight scalp of the season after five straight losses in matches against the sides in the top half of the competition table.

After toppling premiers Penrith a fortnight ago, Parra were beaten by the Roosters last week but the win over the Sea Eagles has put them back up to a 7-5 record.

Clint Gutherson thought he had opened the scoring in his 150th NRL game inside the first four minutes when the Eels fullback collected a ricochet after a high kick but it was disallowed when Hayze Perham was ruled to have impeded Christian Tuipolotu in the contest.

Manly drew first blood in the 14th minute when a Josh Schuster break eventually led to a long exchange along the backline for Reuben Garrick to touch down in the corner and convert his efforts into a 6-0 advantage.

Perham, after causing Parra’s first points to be stripped, made amends when he sliced over on the left edge following a chain of passing along the backs.

(Photo by Mark Kolbe/Getty Images)

Tuipolotu made it 12-4 in the 23rd minute when he surged onto a looping Daly Cherry-Evans long pass in the right corner.

Perham notched his double at the 30-minute mark when Gutherson served up a try on a platter with a clever cut-out pass.

The 12-10 scoreline remained until half-time and the Sea Eagles also had an edge in personnel by the break when Moses was sent to the sin bin a minute before the interval for a professional foul on Trbojevic when the Manly fullback was backing up a break.

Trbojevic had no trouble getting in the clear four minutes after the resumption and he exploited the overlap to put centre Morgan Harper over to stretch the lead out to six.

Garrick grabbed his second to bring up the 50th of his career when he pounced on a Kieran Foran grubber shortly after Moses rejoined the fray for a 20-10 buffer.

Parra hit back midway through the second half when second-rower Shaun Lane unfurled a one-handed offload for centre Tom Opacic to cut the deficit back to four.

Trbojevic injured his shoulder in the 64th minute as he dived to prevent what would have been a rare try to Eels forward Makahesi Makatoa which was denied anyway for a fumble in the lead-up.

Sea Eagles prop Sean Keppie was marched to the bin with seven minutes remaining for a lifting tackle on Reagan Campbell-Gillard and his absence in the closing stages proved decisive.

This Article was first live here.

Continue Reading

Sports

Gold-seeking Marcial eyes US return for 3rd pro bout after SEA Games

Published

on

FILE – The Philippines’ Eumir Marcial reacts as he fights Algeria’s Younes Nemouchi during their men’s middle (69-75kg) preliminaries round of 16 boxing match during the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games at the Kokugikan Arena in Tokyo on July 29, 2021. (Photo by Luis ROBAYO / POOL / AFP)

HANOI—Eumir Felix Marcial has been choosing between the lure of a lucrative pro career and the chase for Olympic glory for quite some time. And he’s getting more and more comfortable doing it.

The Olympic bronze medalist has taken what he described as “first step toward Paris,” by making the finals of the 31st Southeast Asian Games 75-kilogram division.

And as soon as it’s over—without looking past fellow knockout artist Delio Anzaqezi of East Timor—he’s planning on flying back to the United States to start preparing for his third pro fight.

“I can go straight to US, maybe have a vacation and then fight,” said Marcial in Filipino. “It all depends on sir Sean (Gibbons, president of MP Promotions).”

The 26-year-old Marcial was coming off a dismal showing in the pros where he struggled to get past Isaiah Hart last April.

“That’s what our coaches were trying to address when I came to the (SEA Games) training camp,” said Marcial. “We worked on weaving, bobbing. Whole training camp that’s what we worked on, defense.”

Against Hart, Marcial suffered stunning knockdowns before pulling off a technical knockout victory.

He’d need that learning on Sunday in the gold medal bout against Anzaqeci at Bac Ninh Gymnasium, some two hours from here. In their semifinal bout, the Timorese knocked Cambodia’s Hun Kimheang senseless.

“I’m confident because he’s a southpaw and I’m comfortable fight southpaws,” said Marcial who took a bye to the semis and was largely unscathed going into the finals.

“I like my chance (on Sunday) but we don’t have the say in the decision. So I will just do my best out there for my fourth (SEA Games) gold,” added Marcial.

Read Next

Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

This Article was first live here.

Continue Reading

Trending